Friday, December 18, 2009

roasted fennel, dandelion greens

Tonight's adventure in cooking farm vegetables.....
I started by slicing a bulb of fennel and quartering some turnips, tossed them in a baking pan with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and roasted them at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. While that was happening, I steamed chopped dandelion greens and sliced garlic, and made a tahini sauce with water and tamari.

It was late, and we were hungry, so I didn't take any photos, but it was an attractive meal. The fennel was so yummy roasted, I have only tried it raw before. I would leave the turnips for a different dish next time.

The dandelion greens were really bitter, but I like bitter greens, so I was pleased with them! They grow on you after a few bites, so give them a try! The tahini sauce was very nice.

Now it's off to make more vegan cookie dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment